Search This Blog

Sunday, June 8, 2014

North Chagrin Reservation - Lost Cause

I think it was last year, at about the same time this year actually, I wrote
about how North Chagrin Reservation was going down hill.

A year later, it not only has gone hill, it's freaking dead.

Let's start with Sunset Pond. Today I'd call it Sunset Pit. The water level
is low. It's filled with mud and algae. I know if I was a duck, I wouldn't
want to swim in that crap. Oh wait, they don't. You see, once famous for
their Wood ducks, I counted one. Mallards? I counted 0. In fact, the only
animal I saw in the mud pit was a bunch of Geese.

Now we move toward the back where the feeders are. Well, I think there
are feeders. I say that because the grass and weeds are so high, if Kareem
Abdul-Jabbar stepped in there, you wouldn't be able to see him. He'd
disappear.

Somewhere in that high grass are beautiful perches. Heck, there's even a
pond. But it's all hidden now. It's like that area has been abandoned.

Can't they even afford a weed whacker?


I keep bringing this up, but it's obvious nobody cares.

Whoever this somebody else, he's probably sitting behind a desk in
his air conditioned office reading a magazine gathering a paycheck
while ignoring what's happening (or should I say not happening) outside
his window.

No comments:

Post a Comment